Latest Update: February 20, 2019
2) Collection and Use
Personal Data refers to information that can be used or combined with other information to identify you, contact you, or locate you, and includes information such as your name, company name, email address, billing address, payment information, or any other personal information that is provided to us by you, whether mandatory or voluntary.
We collect Personal Data that you voluntarily submit directly to us when you access or use our Services. This can include information you provide to us when you register for an account, complete a form, correspond with us, subscribe to our mailing lists, newsletters or other forms of marketing communications, respond to surveys, publish materials, or use some other features of our Services. We also gather information about the location, device, and operating system used by users of our Services.in order to guide their future development and improvement.
We may anonymize and aggregate any of the personal information we collect, including information about our website visitors or customers (so that it does not directly identify you or them).
If you are a visitor to our Website (“Visitor”) or a customer of ours, we will collect from you and use certain of your Personal Data as described in this policy. If you do not agree with these data collection practices, please do not visit our Website. If required by applicable law, we will seek your explicit consent to process Personal Data collected on our Website or volunteered by you. Kindly note that any consent will be entirely voluntary. However, if you do not grant the requested consent to the processing of your Personal Data, use of our Website and Services may not be possible.
i) Data collected
ii) The purpose of processing personal data
We use the collected data to communicate with Visitors and customers, to provide our Services, to provide information requested by Visitors, to show ads, to market our services, and to improve the Website by analyzing how Visitors navigate it.
We may also use and collect Personal Data submitted through our Website for the following purposes:
● Remembering who you are on the Website in order to prevent you from needing to fill in multiple forms over and over again (such as when requesting white papers).
● Identifying potential new clients who have interacted with us on our Website.
● If you have subscribed to receive emails from us, contacting you with marketing and informational materials related to our Services.
iii) How long is my information stored?
Information collected from Visitors will be stored for up to 24 months or until we receive a data deletion request. Personal Data will be stored for at least as long as needed to perform our services. You can request data deletion by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
iv) How can I manage my personal information?
If you wish to update, remove, or add to the information collected by our Website, you may submit your request to email@example.com.
3) Sharing Personal Data
We may share Personal Data with third-party service vendors or contractors in order to provide a requested service or transaction, for marketing or communication purposes, or in order to analyze Visitor behavior on our Website. We may use third-party vendors for purposes of data storage, communications (e.g., Constant Contact, Hubspot, Zapier, Wufoo), advertising (e.g., Adroll, Facebook), payments, research, surveys, or analytics (e.g., Google Analytics). We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any such third-party vendors before using them.
We will reveal an individual’s Personal Data without prior permission only when we have reason to believe that the disclosure of this information is required to establish the identity of, to contact or to initiate legal proceedings against a person or persons who are suspected of infringing rights or property belonging to us or to others who could be harmed by the user’s activities or of persons who could (deliberately or otherwise) transgress upon these rights and property. We are permitted to disclose personal information when we have good reason to believe that it is legally required.
4) Storing Personal Information
Personal Data we collect is stored using the servers of third-party vendors located in the United States and/or other countries selected by such vendors. By using our Services or visiting our Website, you acknowledge that your Personal Data will be transmitted to, stored, and accessed in those server locations. Our Website use third-party & analysis tracking tools and whose servers may be located in any country in which these third parties have their facilities.
The Personal Data we collect may be transferred to and stored in countries outside of the jurisdiction you are in where we and our third-party service providers have operations. If you are located in the European Union (“EU”), your personal information will be processed outside of the EU including in the United States; these international transfers of your personal information are necessary for the performance of CBB service.
6) Links To Other Sites
7) How Is My Information Protected?
We take appropriate technical and organizational security measures against loss or unlawful processing of Personal Data. To this purpose, your personal data are securely stored within our database, and we use standard, industry-wide, commercially reasonable security practices such as encryption using 256-bit SSL-encrypted connections and firewalls as well as physical safeguards of the locations where data are stored.
If you register an account with us, please take all steps necessary to maintain the security of your account access credentials. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications from us, at all times.
8) European Data Protection And Ownership
Individuals located in the European Union have a legislated right to change, request deletion of, or know the extent of personal information collected by organizations. Unless required to do otherwise by law, we will honor requests to update, correct, change, or delete personal data following successful identity verification.
For customers and Visitors from the European Union, all processing and transferring of Personal Data is performed in accordance with privacy rights and regulations following the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We have adopted reasonable physical, technical and organizational safeguards which substantially mirror the EU safeguards against accidental, unauthorized or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure, access, use or processing of the personal data in our possession. We will promptly notify Users in the event of any known unauthorized access to, or use of personal data.
9) Data Protection Officer
We have a “Data Protection Officer” who is responsible for matters relating to privacy and data protection. This Data Protection Officer can be reached at the following address:
9281 Southwest I 10 Frontage Road,
Sealy, TX 77474 | 979.885.1300
10. Your choices and opting-out
We recognize how important your online privacy is to you, so we offer the following options for controlling the targeted ads you receive and how we use your data:
- You can opt out of receiving personalized ads served by us or on our behalf by clicking on the blue icon that typically appears in the corner of the ads we serve and following the instructions provided or by clicking here. Please note that this “opt out” function is browser-specific and relies on an “opt out cookie”: thus, if you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted out, you will need to opt out again.
- In some cases we may link multiple browsers or devices to you. If you opt out of on a browser or device and we have more linked to you, we will extend your opt out decision to the other linked browsers and devices. Since we only link users across browsers on devices in some conditions, there could be cases where you are still being tracked in a different browser or device we have not linked, and where we are treating you as a different user.
- AdRoll Group is also a member of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and adheres to the NAI Codes of Conduct. You may use the NAI opt out tool here, which will allow you to opt out of seeing personalized ads from us and from other NAI approved member companies.
- We also comply with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You may opt out of receiving personalized ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAA website here.
- We also comply with the Canadian Self-regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada (DAAC). You may opt out of receiving personalized ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAAC website here.
- We also adhere to the European Interactive Advertising Digital Alliance (EDAA) guidelines for online advertising and you may opt out via their Your Online Choices website.
- Please note that when using the ad industry opt-out tools described above:
- If you opt-out your browser may still send us data, for example your IP address. However, we isolate this data and do not use it other than for accounting and, in some cases, for fraud prevention. If you have opted-out on that browser, we do not use this data to personalize ads or to track you.
- If you use multiple browsers or devices we will additionally opt out those we have linked to you. Since we may not have all your browsers or devices connected back to your user, you may need to execute this opt out on each browser or device.
- Other ad companies’ opt-outs may function differently than our opt-out.
- To opt out of receiving targeted ads that are based on your behavior across different mobile applications follow the below instructions, for iOS and Android devices:
- iOS 7 or Higher: Go to your Settings > Select Privacy > Select Advertising > Enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting
- For Android devices with OS 2.2 or higher and Google Play Services version 4.0 or higher: Open your Google Settings app > Ads > Enable “Opt out of interest-based advertising”
Opting out will not prevent you from seeing ads, but those ads will likely be less relevant because they won’t be tailored to your interests. The ads might, for instance, be randomly generated or based on the web page you are visiting.
Some internet browsers allow users to send a “Do Not Track” signal to websites they visit. We do not respond to this signal at the present time.
In addition, if you are located in a European Territory you will also have additional data protection rights. These are described under the heading “Additional data protection rights for European Territory residents” below.
11) Changes to this Policy
HPE Design, LLC
9281 Southwest I 10 Frontage Road,
Sealy, TX 77474 | 979.885.1300